Main scenic space in the city of Palencia built at the beginning of the 19th century
Designed in the style of Italian theaters of the late 17th century, the Principal is the epicenter of the city's scenic activity. It was inaugurated on July 2, 1837 after the important works that had to be carried out after the fire that destroyed much of the property, except for the walls. Its neoclassical aesthetics stand out for the modernist elements shown on the façade. Its stable programming opens to performing arts shows (dance and theater), creations for children and musical proposals. With a capacity of 420 seats, it has been the venue - for more than four decades - of the City of Palencia Theater Festival, one of the oldest of its kind in our country.